Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Just me and D.C.

I was in Washington D.C. on Saturday, without obligation to go into work and decided to spend the day checking out the mall by myself, since my one friend had to work a 15 hour shift.

I've decided I don't like doing things like this alone; maybe sometimes, but not this day. There were crowds (thousands) of people for some One Union rally and I didn't know where to find food and I wasn't in the mood to be friendly and fun. Plus I wasn't wearing the correct shoes so my feet hurt from all that darn walking...but don't get me wrong, I'm all about walking in new places....usually.

I was, however, grateful for the beautiful sun that really only came out this one day our of the 8 I was in D.C. and that I brought my camera with me so I could take some pics. The days leading up to this perfect day were filled with tropical storms and the days following were normal rainy/cold days. The East Coast is strange.


The National Botanic Garden has a Jungle room with humidity fans and warm mist, making the room incredibly warm, as you can imagine. Within that room you can climb a couple flights of stairs to walk the canopy where it's even more humid and hard to breathe. By the time I circled the place I was dripping with sweat from head to toe all the while envisioning my make up being melted off and there being no chance I could hit up a good restaurant later looking like I had just run a marathon. To make my insecurities worse, when I came down I received weird stares as if these people didn't just see me climb down from the canopy! It was hot up there!






No comments: