Sunday, February 6, 2011

Super Bowl Nachos

If you know me you know I don't care much about football and when it comes to Super Bowl Sunday I typically want to be at a party but don't exactly focus on the game. I enjoy the highlights and commercials as well as a good touchdown or two but the food at the superbowl party is far more interesting.

This year I cruised up to Napa with a friend and made the most decadent carnitas nachos of all time. I don't know anyone who doesn't like a loaded nacho plate, and for good reason I might add; Every bite of these treats had a delicious blend of homemade goodness.



Loaded Super Bowl Nachos

Homemade carnitas meat, recipe found here
Rancho Gordo Heirloom pinto beans (yum!)
Homemade red tomatillo salsa
Chips from La Luna Taqueria in Rutherford
Sauteed poblano chiles and onions
Tillamock Extra Sharp White Cheddar Cheese
Mexican Crema
Guacamole
Cilantro
Green Onions



Napa in the winter- there's just something magical about it, even if it is in the high 70's!

No comments: