Tuesday, May 26, 2009

the one thing I can't resist...

Yes, you named it, the one dessert that keeps me constantly glancing over to the dessert station each day to hopefully find a beautiful piece of it waiting for me to consume. It's light, it's fluffy, it's sugary and delicious. It's angel food cake.
Tonight on the way to dinner I spoke with my baking friends about how much I needed some; How much I missed it. It had been so long since I had seen it on that glorious dessert table. Then, when we arrived, to my delight, there was a beautiful (not as beautiful as mine pictured, but still pretty) angel food cake with strawberries ushering me towards it...sort of like a magnet, if you will.
I went over and got myself a nice piece and ate it as a delightful appetizer while waiting to order food. Then, after dinner I consumed yet another piece, not knowing when I might see it again. Then, I finished my friends piece she had on her plate. I don't know what it is, but I LOVE the stuff. Good thing there's tons of egg whites in it rather than butter. But really, if the ratios were switched I still don't think it would stop me. Maybe it's a good thing it's rare for it to be baked at the CIA.

1 comment:

Daniel said...

thank you veronica