Monday, October 5, 2009

Strength

Rennes, France

I once heard those who built cathedrals in the past made them large so people would feel small and recognize God's power through that. If you've ever been in a huge one you know the feeling I'm talking about.

In times of struggle I think it's necessary to remember that we are small and powerless without the hand of God. He is the only one capable of providing the strength we need.


"In the day when I cried out,
You answered me,
And made me bold with
strength in my soul."

- Psalm 138:13


My family is struggling right now with news my Dad is sick with cancer. Will you pray that God would heal him and that His glory would be revealed through that? I not only believe in the power of prayer but also that every prayer counts.

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Beautiful, Ness. Thank God we don't have to be strong on our own. May the whole fam feel the prayers of those of us who love you and are lifting you up every hour.

Unknown said...

Vanessa, what a beautiful post. Yes, only God can get us through. Your faith is something I am sure He is proud of! I am praying for your dad. Love, Your Aunt Catherine.

Anonymous said...

Well said Sister.....I am spilling with prayers for you, your family and of course your amazing Father. May you feel the prayers from those who love you wrapped around you like a great big, warm hug. I know how much you love hugs......Love you "Beauty." xo, G

Scott Walnofer said...

Kristen and I are praying for you and your dad. Keep the faith and may the glory be to the Lord.